Thursday, August 13, 2015

Texans Rookie tight end Khari Lee (BSU) adjusting to ‘faster game’

HOUSTON, Texas -- Lining up in his three-point stance at the line of scrimmage, Texans rookie tight end Khari Lee didn’t hesitate.

The former undrafted free agent from Bowie State got into his pattern Wednesday with a quick outside release and caught the football cleanly. Lee also held his own as a blocker, walling off defenders to create some push upfront to open up a pathway for the running backs to run through.



Making his bid for a spot on the 53-man roster or on the 10-man practice squad, Lee is adjusting on the fly to a much higher level of football after being a Division II All-American selection and a three-time All-CIAA selection.

“As a tight end, I bring versatility and physicality and my willingness to help this ball club, make this ball club and help this team win,” Lee said. “I think it’s even as far as my catching and blocking. I can run the route as well as I can block the man in front of me.

“At this level, you have to improve your technique and work at it. As a rookie, there’s a lot of little things to learn. The vets, they are used to reading coverages. The faster you can shorten that learning curve, you’ll be fine. It’s a lot faster game now.”

CONTINUE READING

No comments: