Friday, August 14, 2015

Southern’s Martin Henry has played a variety of positions during his football career. Now, he’s settling in as inside linebacker with the Jaguars.

BATON ROUGE, Louisiana -- Change is the only constant in Southern linebacker Martin Henry’s life.

Stemming back to his days of high school ball in his hometown of Philadelphia, it’s easier for Henry to name positions he hasn’t played. From quarterback to long snapper, he’s done everything a coach has ever asked him.

That’s why this season, most likely his last in organized football, is so strange. For the first time in his career, Henry will line up at the same position for the second consecutive season as the Jaguars’ starting inside “buck” linebacker.

“I was playing outside (linebacker) when I first came here. … Now I’m playing the inside, and I had to adapt to that because it was part of me buying into the program,” Henry said.

“Now, I’ve bought into the program, and I’m playing the same position, for the first time in my life, back-to-back, and I feel real good; I feel real confident and everything is just second nature.”

CONTINUE READING 

No comments: