Monday, August 3, 2015

Questions heading into FAMU fall football camp

TALLAHASSEE, Florida -- 1. What will FAMU’s offense look like?

Damien Fleming was the engine that moved Florida A&M’s offense, ranked eighth in the MEAC last season. He accounted for every touchdown for the Rattlers on offense and when he couldn’t move the ball – either with his arm or his legs – FAMU went nowhere.

Now he’s gone.

Redshirt junior quarterback Carson Royal has earned first-year coach Alex Wood’s trust. Wood has spoken highly of Royal on several occasions, saying the young QB is a leader and a steadying force on the team.

“When Coach Wood got here we developed a great relationship,” Royal said.

“The guys are behind me 100 percent. I have the respect of my teammates and I’m just ready to play some football. The offseason felt so long because I’ve been waiting behind Damien for three years just learning and developing my craft.”

CONTINUE READING

No comments: