Friday, August 14, 2015

JSU working place-kickers hard

RYAN DEISING
Courtesy: Jackson State Athletics
JACKSON, Mississippi -- It turns out kickers aren’t exempt from the dog days of training camp.

Jackson State place-kicker Ryan Deising is finding that out all too well after the Tigers completed their seventh day of camp on Thursday afternoon.

“(My legs are) still in recovery mode, we’ve been doing a lot of running,” Deising said. “(It affects my kicking) a good bit, but I can’t use that as an excuse. I need to be ready to go whenever I come out on the field.”

At SWAC Media Day, Deising, who was named to the BOXTOROW preseason All-American team earlier this week, said he worked on strengthening his legs this offseason, and that is getting put to the test with all the conditioning the team has done during camp.

Deising, who was preseason All-SWAC first team, connected on ...

CONTINUE READING

No comments: