Monday, August 3, 2015

Former FMU Standout Jeff Henderson Jumps World-Leading 8.52M At Pan American Games

TORONTO, Canada -- Jeffery Henderson produced a world-leading 8.52m in the long on Wednesday at the Pan American Games in Toronto's York University stadium.

Coming to Toronto as the world leader, Henderson took an early lead with 8.54m, assisted by a 4.1m/s tailwind. When the wind calmed down, he sealed his victory with a wind-legal world-leading 8.52m in the sixth and final round.
"I just wanted to get my performance down," said Henderson, who took USA's first title in the men's long jump at the Pan American Games since Carl Lewis' victory in 1987. "I came out with a win; that's all I wanted to do. I wasn't worried about the competition even though it was great competition. World Championships are next for me. That's my next focus."


COURTESY FLORIDA MEMORIAL UNIVERSITY SPORTS INFORMATION

No comments: