Thursday, August 13, 2015

Culver Column: Intense coaches bringing new life to FAMU

TALLAHASSEE, Florida -- FAMU football practice is pretty exciting these days.

Some of it, obviously, comes from the new coaches. There’s a new sheriff in town and his deputies (assistant sheriffs?) are bringing plenty of fire to practice. But the players are bringing so much more to the table, compared to what I saw toward the end of last season.

Every player I’ve spoken to so far has said at some point: “Intensity.”

The intensity level is always at maximum on the practice field, for better for worse.

I’m inclined to believe it’s for the better.

When I arrive at practice, I can hear coaches screaming even before I exit my car. They aren’t necessarily berating players, unless they’ve done something wrong, it’s just the usual volume of practice.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: