Monday, July 6, 2015

New AD Overton evaluating FAMU athletics, plans to release survey

MILTON OVERTON
DIRECTOR OF ATHLETICS
FLORIDA A&M UNIVERSITY
TALLAHASSEE, Florida -- New FAMU Athletic Director Milton Overton Jr. has hit the ground running, and has already made plans to make his official start on Aug. 3 as smooth as possible.

Overton on Monday said he's going to release a football-heavy survey within the next two weeks to gauge where Rattler Nation wants the athletic department to go.

"I want people to understand, what I want to be about is a collective vision and making sure we listen," he said via phone.

"We want to respond to all of our constituents. The survey is going to go out to everyone. I want to hear from everyone.

"People want to see change. I get it. I understand it. I've got to make sure everyone has some input. The survey is going to be 75 percent about football. The other 25 percent is going to ask, 'What do you want from your athletic department?' That's going out to everyone who matters, and everyone matters."

CONTINUE READING

No comments: