Thursday, May 14, 2015

Grambling legend Doug Williams will join Tampa Bay Bucs' Ring of Honor



TAMPA BAY, Florida -- Grambling legend Doug Williams will be inducted into the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' Ring of Honor, the team announced Wednesday.

The former quarterback and coach at Grambling joins Mike Alstott as the newest members of the Bucs' club. Williams will be honored during a Dec. 6 home game against the Atlanta Falcons.

Williams, a first-round pick in the 1978 NFL Draft, played for Tampa Bay from 1978-82 and later served as a personnel executive with the Bucs from 2004-08 and as the team's coordinator of pro scouting from 2009-10.

"I just want to say this is certainly a great day," Williams said Wednesday at a press conference in Tampa. "Somebody called me last night and said, 'How many times do you get an opportunity to be in two stadiums?' I don't know. But I don't know I got the opportunity to be in two stadiums (both the Tampa Bay Ring of Honor and Washington Ring of Fame). I certainly appreciate being here because this is where it all started."

CONTINUE READING

No comments: