Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Bryan Henry column: Watching FAMU history unfold on television fun

TALLAHASSEE, Florida -- The text arrived from a good friend early Monday morning saying, "You're heading to Gainesville bro."

And, a few hours later, it was official. We, the Florida A&M Rattlers, were placed in the NCAA Gainesville Regional, where we will open against host and No. 4 national seed Florida on Friday.

We could not be more excited. For the first time in the history of FAMU baseball, we will be participating in a NCAA Regional Tournament.

I was relieved to find out where we were going, but honestly, I wanted to stay in town. For me personally, it would have been an awesome experience to coach in a regional tournament at Florida State, where I played my collegiate career and got my coaching career started.

I love FSU with a passion and just thought how awesome that would've have been. Another huge reason I wanted to stay was to be home and sleep in my own bed. We kept hearing how we wanted to travel to get the "whole experience." Our last bus trip was 16 hours long and that was the "whole experience" I could handle for the year.



CONTINUE READING

No comments: