Saturday, April 4, 2015

UMES's Myers wins award for top DI transfer

INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana  -- For what has been a season filled with accolades, University of Maryland Eastern Shore senior forward Michael Myers added yet another honor to his resume.

Myers, on Friday, was named the Riley Wallace Player of the Year, which is presented annually to the top transfer player in Division I college basketball.

The award is named after legendary coach Riley Wallace, who, during his career at the University of Hawaii welcomed many transfers to his program, which propelled him to the winningest coach in Hawaii history.



"I am blessed to win this recognition," said Myers via social media posts from the event where he accepted the award. "I want to thank all the people who supported me throughout my career. I really appreciate it a lot. It is such an honor to win this award."

The award was presented at the CollegeInsider.com Awards Banquet held in Indianapolis, the site of the 2015 men's final four.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: