Thursday, April 9, 2015

Second-year running back Hearns expected to shoulder offensive load

TALLAHASSEE, Florida -- Gerald Hearns is looking to erase memories of Florida A&M’s sub-par rushing attack from last season.

The Rattlers were second-to-last in the MEAC in rushing yards and tied for last in the conference with only five rushing touchdowns – all scored by senior quarterback Damien Fleming.

New head coach Alex Wood said Hearns has stepped up during spring football, and the sophomore running back will be expected to carry the load on offense next season.

“It’s no pressure at all,” Hearns said.

“I take what my coach teaches me and perfect my craft on and off the field. I’m learning the plays and I understand different defensive fronts and gap control from the line. It’s going pretty good.”

CONTINUE READING

No comments: