Thursday, April 16, 2015

Pelham's Cheyenne Brooks signs with Florida A&M

Brooks has put in the work in the classroom and is currently second in her class. Cheyenne is currently a National Elite pole vaulter and is ranked #1 in region, #1 in State AA classification, & #6 in State all classifications.

PELHAM, Georgia — Pelham High School’s
Cheyenne Brooks signed her letter-of-intent to Florida A&M University Wednesday, becoming the first track & field athlete during head coach Ashley Cochran’s tenure to sign a scholarship to compete at a Division I school.

Brooks, who is currently second in the state in pole vaulting, will attend FAMU this fall on a full scholarship.

“I picked FAMU because it offers what I want in a school athletically, while also giving me an environment that I can be friendly in,” Brooks said. “Everybody there is really accepting and they’re outgoing, which I love about it.”

As far as the track and field program itself, she said she feels she can help the Rattlers become the team to beat in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC) next year.

“They went second in their conference last year and I believe that we’re gonna win it next year,” she said enthusiastically. “I’m very excited.”

CONTINUE READING

No comments: