Sunday, February 1, 2015

JC Smith men’s basketball gets efficient to surpass Shaw

CHARLOTTE, North Carolina  -- Johnson C. Smith was short on healthy bodies against Shaw but long on efficiency.

The Golden Bulls men’s basketball team outscored Shaw 25-13 over the final eight minutes to earn an 83-67 CIAA South win Saturday at Brayboy Gym. It was the team’s second victory in a row after four straight losses.

J.C. Smith (11-11, 5-6) got sterling performances from forward Emilio Parks, who pumped in a game-high 28 points, and swingman Diondre Pratt, who came off the bench for 20. The Golden Bulls shot a torrid 62.5 percent (30-of-48) from the floor.

“I’m just glad my teammates believed in me to actually still score and still play the way I played,” said Parks, who connected on 12 of 14 shots. “I’m glad they got me the ball tonight.”

Parks knew what to do in the post, taking the ball strong against Shaw’s bigger defenders with a deft touch from either side of the basket.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: