Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Frost's buzzer-beater lifts Lady Rams past CAU

ALBANY, Georgia -- Mecca Frost simply couldn't let it end like that.

Down a point with less than 20 seconds to play, the Lady Rams' junior guard turned the ball over and sent the Lady Panthers to the free throw line with a chance to extend their lead.

Instead, she was just setting up for an even better ending.

After CAU missed the first of a one-and-one, Frost sprinted down the court and banked in a three-point heave with two seconds left to give the Lady Rams a 68-66 win, their fourth straight.

"I knew after I had got the ball ripped the first time, I knew I had to get a point up by any means necessary," she says. "I felt confident in that shot. I practice it all the time after practice with my teammates, so I put it up. When it left my hands, I wasn't sure. But when it hit the glass, I knew. I couldn't believe it. I was just looking at the scoreboard."


CONTINUE READING

No comments: