Friday, February 13, 2015

Former Biloxi football coach Shannon takes college job

BILOXI, Mississippi -- Former Biloxi High School football coach John Shannon is getting back into the college game.

Shannon said Friday that he has accepted the offensive coordinator job at Texas Southern University after stepping down from the head coaching job at Biloxi in December.

"I have some friends on the staff there that I've coached with before," Shannon said. "They asked if I'd be interested in it. I thought about it a little bit and I looked at it as if it was a great opportunity to go help some friends and get back into college coaching.

"Houston is a great place to live and it's a pro town. That kind of enticed me."

Shannon spent the past five seasons as the head coach at Biloxi, but he has plenty of experience on the college level.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: