Saturday, December 13, 2014

Ram Ramblings: Boulware makes bold move within his coaching staff

WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina -- I’ll admit that I didn’t think I would be writing about football in mid-December since the Rams’ season ended Nov. 15 in the loss to Virginia State in the CIAA championship game.

It was a bit of a shock when I found out Coach Kienus Boulware had decided to part ways with one of his co-defensive coordinators, Daren Hart. There were plenty of rumblings after the championship game loss that Boulware and Hart had some disagreements, but I’ve been around long enough to know that coaches don’t always get along.

I remember being at a couple of practices in recent years when Boulware and Connell Maynor, who was the head coach and offensive coordinator, would get into some verbal bashing during scrimmages. But at the end of those heated practices they would usually make peace.

CONTINUE READING 

No comments: