Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Football remaining primary focus for ASU's Barlow

MONTGOMERY, Alabama -- Reggie Barlow is staying focused on football in the face of uncertainty for one main reason – his team.

Despite Alabama State asking him to resign last week after he signed a three-year extension Sept. 9, Barlow continues to press forward for the sake of his players.

"What I do is for them," Barlow said after Wednesday's practice. "To get the text messages and the calls and all that stuff from these guys. The thing I love about them is when we lose a game or when we're going through something? Usually a coach checks on the players.

"These guys check on me. I have a real strong appreciation for that because that means they care about their coach. I appreciate that. I think that's what keeps me focused."

CONTINUE READING

No comments: