Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Barlow believes he will remain ASU’s head coach

MONTGOMERY, Alabama -- Reggie Barlow doesn’t think Saturday’s game will be his last as Alabama State’s head coach.

Despite being asked to resign earlier this month, Barlow expects to continue coaching the Hornets (6-5, 5-4 SWAC) after the Turkey Day Classic against Stillman (5-5) to close out the 2014 season.

“I’m happy and proud with what we have done here,” Barlow said Wednesday. “You always want to leave a place better than how you got it. ASU has been good to me. It was my only scholarship out of high school. I made the best of it and then my only opportunity, really, to coach, and I think I’ve made the best of it. I’m grateful, but I’m sure that I will be the coach here at Alabama State. That’s my focus.”

Barlow’s new three-year deal through Dec. 31, 2017 for ...

CONTINUE READING

No comments: