Thursday, October 9, 2014

DWIGHT FLOYD: Have FAMU Students Gone AWOL?

Dwight Floyd
Commentary
TALLAHASSEE, Florida -- Though I am an avid supporter of Florida A&M University, I don’t attend many of the formal events. This school year I attended most of the home volleyball games, all the home football games, and I even attended the 2014 FAMU Sports Hall of FAME banquet. Usually when I show up at an event I find myself asking where the young people are and why aren’t they present?

For us die-hards so much is about history. We saw Jake Gaither when FAMU football was at its finest. We remember basketball’s coach Olgesby, Bullet Bob Hayes, and even the football and baseball wins against Miami. We believe that every young Rattler should have thorough knowledge of FAMU’s strong history as we yearn to return to those days of glory. Problem is we yearn so much for past glory that we may be standing in the way of future success.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: