Sunday, September 14, 2014

Cohen paves way for North Carolina A&T Aggies’ win over Elon



ELON, North Carolina  —  College football is full of geographic rivalries, and Saturday night’s home opener at Elon’s Rhodes Stadium treated 7,228 fans to one of the Triad’s with N.C. A&T visiting in a non-conference matchup.

On Saturday, A&T sophomore running back Tarik Cohen, the 2013 MEAC Freshman of the Year, rushed for a career-high 234 yards on 20 carries, including an 81-yard touchdown run with 11:20 remaining in the game, to seal the Aggies’ 17-12 win over the Phoenix.

“The line did a good job opening up holes for me to run through,” Cohen said. “On my touchdown run, I felt like I needed to make a big play because the game was back-and-forth. All of the linebackers and defensive linemen were blocked, so it was just me one-on-one with a defensive back and I made a move to the end zone.”

A&T (2-1) rebounded nicely from last week’s heartbreaking 31-30 home loss to Coastal Carolina.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: