Wednesday, September 17, 2014

B-CU's LeBranden Richardson eager to face old UCF teammates

DAYTONA BEACH — When Bethune-Cookman's LeBranden Richardson takes the field at Bright House Networks Stadium Saturday, he should feel right at home..

As a former UCF player, Richardson is quite familiar with the surroundings of the Knights home turf, but this time the confines won't be so friendly. Nonetheless, he's looking forward to seeing some of his old friends.

"It's going to be exciting … I love that Bright House stadium. It will be like a homecoming, bringing back some old memories. I made my first collegiate sack at that stadium," said Richardson, now a senior defensive end at B-CU. "I won't be nervous. I will just like any other game, but I will get that feeling once I get out there, I suppose. I'm excited for it."

Some of his former teammates are gone and so is his old position coach Jim Panagos, now the defensive line coach at Rutgers, but the Knights' roster still features some of his closest friends, including UCF receiver Josh Reese.

Reese and Richardson were teammates at Miami Central High, after Richardson transferred from Hialeah, and the pair chose to go together to UCF, along with highly touted teammate Jeffrey Godfrey. Godfrey had a breakout year as a freshman, earning Conference USA newcomer of the year honors in 2010.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: