Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Maynor: Hampton won’t finish seventh in MEAC football

NORFOLK, Virginia  -- New Hampton coach Connell Maynor was more subdued than at his previous media luncheons as Winston-Salem State’s coach in the CIAA.

Nevertheless, Maynor did give one guarantee. “You picked me to finish seventh (in the MEAC), that’s not going to happen,” he said at last week’s MEAC Football Luncheon.

Maynor led the Rams to three straight CIAA championships in four seasons, including a runner-up finish in the 2012 NCAA Division II championship. He replaces Donovan Rose, who spent 23 years on the Pirates sideline, but was released last season.

Rose has since returned to the university as an assistant athletic director for development.

“All y’all think I’m cocky. I’m not cocky, I just know what my God can do,” Maynor continued.



No comments: