Saturday, August 16, 2014

Henry column: Another door opens, this one at FAMU

TALLAHASSEE, Florida  -- Wow, what a couple of weeks!

I had an awesome opportunity to work a USA Baseball Developmental Program last week and I came home to some great news this week.

On Tuesday, I was officially announced as the pitching coach at FAMU. I am so thankful and excited for this new opportunity that have been presented to me. I can’t thank head coach Jamey Shouppe enough for thinking that I am the right person for the job and giving me a chance.

Coach Shouppe was my pitching coach while I played at Florida State (2005-07), and we kept in touch throughout my professional career. When he called a month ago to ask if I would be interested in applying, I did not hesitate. Coach Shouppe has done an amazing job in just one year at FAMU, and I am looking forward to helping him keep that ball rolling.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: