Saturday, July 19, 2014

Transfer Pickett looks to step in as safety at FAMU

TALLAHASSEE, Florida -- Since his arrival on FAMU's campus seven months ago, Antoine Pickett has been hearing about John Ojo and how he was considered one of the best safeties in the MEAC.

Picket, a safety who transferred from Contra Costa College, knows he's only hearing about Ojo because of his departure and the Rattlers need for an experienced replacement.

Getting an opportunity to fill the void only excites Pickett, who comes with proven talent and leadership skills.

"I'm really honored to be considered in the same breath as Ojo," said Pickett, who was the Comets' captain. "Right now I'm just working my butt off to just try to help the team. Coming from California, I'm trying my best to stay focused and keep my intelligence on the field."

CONTINUE READING

No comments: