Monday, April 14, 2014

Alabama State baseball: ASU junior Amion leads nation in runs scored

MONTGOMERY, Alabama  -- Alabama State center fielder Richard Amion scored twice on Sunday to give Alabama State the series’ victory over Alcorn State after splitting a doubleheader on Saturday.

The two runs give Amion 53 for the year, tops among all Division I baseball players in America.

“It feels great to be at the top of the list,” he said. “Hopefully, I’ll stay at the top of the list. When I get on base, I don’t have to steal as many bases as last year because I know the big dogs behind me are going to drive me in.”

Amion didn’t get here by accident. The leadoff hitter for the Hornets has worked hard off the field and studied his opposing pitchers to become a well-rounded hitter.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: